Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Community Roots

Call me a youtube freak if you want, but remember only God can judge me.

Anywho, recently this youtube video was passed onto me, and so I thought I'd share it with you all. The video is about an organization called Community Roots, which is based out of UMD College Park, started by a few motivated, inspired and aspiring group of friends. I personally first got in touch with the organization about a year or two ago when my brother started working with them and joined the organization. In all honesty, C-Roots is one of most impressive student-run organizations I have ever seen work. The amount of work they do, the content of their work, their attitudes, the way they carry themselves, the discussions they spark, their mindset and just everything about them is astonishing. In the past they have thrown events such as Community Langars, 1984 Candle Light Vigil, Big Brother Mentor program, Jam for Peace, Mayday Concert, and many many other events. They are absolutely amazing and if you are a student at UMD i would definitely recommend you get in touch with them asap.
Also, if you are not a student at UMD but are still interested, I would suggest you get in touch with them because they in the midst of spread C-Roots organizations all over the nation. So if you share the same mission and vision as them, don't hesitate to start your own C-Roots at your University/College.

That's my 2 Cents.

Now, without further a due, I present to you: Community Roots


No comments: