Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Beat of the Drum

Sitting, basking in the sun
Listening to the beat of the drum
Sweet passing of a windy breeze
Falling leaves of age old trees

Elsewhere on opposite side of the sun
Listening to the same beat of the drum
Sweet passing of a windy breeze
Falling bombs of flying beasts

Brown leaves
Dead bodies
All passing in a windy breeze
All listening to the same beat

Sunflowers and Sunshine
White flowers and Moonshine
All listening to the same hum
All beating to the same drum

Where ever I go
I hear the same drum
I feel the same windy breeze
It’s all in the same beat

Whether I look to the West
Whether I look to the East
It’s all in your Harmony
All I see is your Beauty
All I hear is your Melody

People fight over your Name
People fight over your Love
They’ve murdered your beautiful dove
Stopped hearing the beat of the drum

So, I cry, cry, and cry my soul to sleep
O beautiful dove, why do they butcher thee?
You weren’t meant to be a sweet delicacy
Please, you still heavily bleed;
Quickly, quickly, fly away, preserve your dignity

Fly back to the Master and for us do plea
This world is in dire need of saving
People come and go endlessly
Few have heard Master’s sweet Word
Few have felt His everlasting Love
O how I wish, to become their feet’s dust
Perchance, to meet the One I Love I must

No comments: