Saturday, September 6, 2008

She was there

This is dedicated to all the strong women out there..and to those that might just had enough of it..

She was on her way to college
Graduated high school tall and proud
One of those that the others had doubts about
Beautiful and proud she carried her self with pride
While her so called friends watched in spite
Jealous that she still maintains her identity
Cultured to the core her smile was reason to live for so many.

My friend - who called me 3 in the morning
Crying she wouldn’t tell me what it was
But needed to talk, came over..
I saw her hands bruised
Her soul still intact but body in much pain
She wouldn’t say much but that she had left home
The tears in her eyes told me something else
She then said her mother beat her and father did too
And they had some dude watch it all that and encourage it too
She had enough and ran away never wanting to go back
No money in her pocket, a tshirt and hoodie on her back
She said she was set never to go back

They say you don’t know what you got till it’s gone
But sometimes you don’t know what life could be
Till you step up and move the fuck on

We talked about life and shit, all night along
Hoping to comfort her but not much helped
Her eyes were talking she did not say much
I finally fell asleep while she was still watching tv
Woke up to find out, she was gone
Left me a note sunmit I cannot be a burden on you no more
I am not sure where I am off too
but I am sorry I am gone
I dint think it was true so I looked around
the house and outside too and she was fo real not there no more she just was gone…

I prayed and hoped she would be okay where ever she would be…Its been a few years now since she disappeared, her friends and family cried for a bit and then no one cared…!

Its been 10 years now and
I bumped into her yesterday
It was hard to tell it was still her today
I thought I would find her in rags and a bunch of kids
Instead she was still walking tall with her chin high
Working at the local deli she made her money
And lived with a roommate who was a druggie
She tried giving me the 20 bucks I gave her years ago
Put me to tears the look in her eyes
Beaten by her parents, rejected by her friends and family
She ran away with nothing on her back and 20 bucks in her hand
Today she sits in front on me with a smile on her face
1 in a million like her make it in this cold blooded place
The rest end up at the homeless shelters or prostitution centers
Abused by their relationships, Aids infected, cocaine addicted,
beaten to the core to the point where the soul speaks no more

and this end’s without any rhymes or sophisticated poetic ending’s cuz this is the story of the average girl who gets used and abused and left at home, unable to pick her self up she is in a state of mind I am unable to define. Millions of women around the world are a victim to abuse from their own families and the rest abused in their relationships weather its marriage or some other shit. But to all you women be careful who you open your hearts and souls to make sure he wont hurt you and if he hurts you twice it serves you right cuz even tough love believes in second changes being abused in a relationship time after time is not a chance you take! This might sound so extreme and all but if a man lay’s a hand on you again and again take a nine and shoot him in the head and before he closes his eyes tell him sunmit said fuck you too I am glad you dead.

5 comments:

Sandhu Singh Navjeet said...

hi....it's great to listen you. I saw this (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHC06M_MOc ) at youtube and found it very interesting. Great work done.

I would like to put up a post regarding you on http://whoaresikh.blogspot.com .Please tell me more about yourself and your band. and also do send me the lyrics of this song. I would love to have a reply from you

Anonymous said...

hi.... its great to listen to u just do a favour by giving me lyrics of the awakening. i would be very thankful to u. (email id navissandhu@gmail.com )

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Anonymous said...

Is this a premium wp theme?

Unknown said...

chak de phatte ! i am loving it

web lol said...

kul post!